Wednesday, December 23, 2009

four

Revelation 3:20

“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me...”

My husband and I just spent a week with our best friends. As the years pass by and the closer we all get, the less frills and stuff and excitement we really need. The four of us could be in the middle of the Bahamas or the middle of small town USA but give us four chairs and some food and we are the most content four people on the face of the earth. It just gets easier and easier. Eating with someone you love or a bunch of loved ones is the most surest thing in a life full of disappointments, mistakes and pain. It’s the easiest thing in the world.

God wants that with you. He wants to dine with you and to spend normal time with you. Love on you. Eat with you! What an awesome and beautiful picture. Dining with God. Dining with the King of the world. It could be fancy and it could be plain. He just waits to sit with you. Not long ago I was making my bed. I walked around the foot of the bed and got a startling image of Jesus moving out of the way to allow me to walk past. He had been waiting for me for a few days and I had been really busy and hyperactive and hadn’t sat with Him—just Him and me—for a while. I missed Him and He missed me.

Sit with him today. He is knocking and waiting. Take some time and “dine” with Him. Like you would an old friend. Like you would a new friend. He will tell you things you need to know (Jer 33:3 "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know..." ) He will take away the guilt and help you with the dramas of the day, (Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together…says the LORD.") He will love you and listen to you (Psalm 116:1 "I love God because He listened to me..." The Message).

Make your day-to-day walk with Him something real and genuine. I think it will last longer and be more exciting for you. Sit and be with Him. He is the best company.

No comments:

Post a Comment