Sunday, December 20, 2009

day one

Psalm 62
vs. 1 &2: “Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation.
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense: I shall not be greatly moved…”
vs. 5 & 6: “My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.
He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved…”

No one but God will give you what you need and want in this life. Face it. The psalmist certainly understands that on this earth there is absolutely nothing to hold onto— no person, place, status or amount of money that will keep you going everyday and fill the deepest cries of your heart and soul in this broken and very lost world. This was true back when this awesome psalm was penned, and even truer today. We are a broken, messed up humanity. We walk around expecting things from people or stuff or even an amount of money that he, she or it simply cannot fill. We are waiting for things to happen, expecting something from a person who isn’t capable of fulfilling it no matter how perfect and wonderful they are. But here’s the good news: that’s a good thing! It’s not meant to be like that!

Take a sec and kneel down. Go ahead to it. Do it when you are all alone and feel lost in this big crowded lonely world, and even do it when you are feeling great and everything is just working out to perfection. Kneel down and repeat these words. “I wait for you alone, God. YOU are the only one I can and will expect anything from. You alone. I love and adore you…” say something like that. Stop waiting for something to happen. Just wait for the only one you can depend on to show up. He will come. And He will meet every dream, desire and expectation you have ever had. He never disappoints. Take your peace today.

No comments:

Post a Comment