Wednesday, December 30, 2009

eleven

Psalm 34:1

"I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth."


This is quite a specific and intentional action coming from writer of this psalm. I love it. It is very simple, yet life changing when taken literally. The sentence could be read in a few different ways, depending on what you think the tone of the writer's voice is. It could be "I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Putting emphasis on the word "His" stresses the need to have no one above Him as the one you adore, the true love of your life. There are so many distractions in my own life on a day- to- day basis that I know, on some days, it takes a real determination to keep Him and His praises as the top priority. Speaking of determination, I have always read this scripture as: "I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise shall continually be in my mouth." I hear the fierce determination of a person very persuaded that no matter what happens in life, she will choose to Praise Him. Even if it kills me, and even if I am not the biggest fan of my dear God at that specific moment, and even if it takes every ounce of my broken, scared and angry heart to praise Him, I will. I must speak out His praises...even as a whisper.

So everyday day- in the fireworks, the mundane, the good, the bad and the ugly, my mouth will always be speaking the beautiful praises of a God who is so worthy and perfect and darling, and so very close to me, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment