Sunday, January 10, 2010

22

2 Timothy 2:13

“If we are faithless, He remains faithful; He cannot deny Himself.”

Humans have somehow succeeded in creating the most unfaithful world one could imagine. I get so happy, and unfortunately surprised to hear stories about sixty year old marriages and forty year old friendships, and companies who send hard working employees off to their retirement well set-up for the last part of their lives.

Stories of loyalty and love are relieving to our minds and hearts because we are uptight and worried. We’re concerned that the next betrayal we hear about could be our very own. It’s sad. What’s worse is that over my short life I have behaved in forms of unfaithfulness, hurting those I love. And I catch myself being the very girl I don’t want to be. I have hurt friends, family, acquaintances, companies, partners, charities, teams . . . and the most horrific, mortifying of all, Jesus. Sweet Jesus: the only single One who has ever been truly faithful even when I am faithless. For Him to not be faithful would be a lie. A circle can't be a square, the sun can't be the moon and God can not be faithless. He is always present, loyal and faithful to you.

I am beside myself with joy and relief knowing that in such a transient, blurry and sad world, He remans faithful. Always. I know that from the time I met Him, and have loved Him, He has always loved me. So, even when you look around at the state of humanity, take heart and even have joy, because He is solid as a rock in this unreliable world. Stay close to Him (staying is harder than coming back) and be faithful. Faithfulness is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment