Thursday, January 14, 2010

26

Ephesians 3:20
"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly more abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us..."


I don't know about you, but I am a big thinker. I over-think most things. I drive myself crazy with it sometimes. But, mostly, I don't think it's a bad thing because you can bet if I have an idea or a dream or if I think something can happen, then I am thinking of the biggest most grand way it can be done. I get excited at the possibilities of stuff happening, dreams coming true and lives changing. All because of Jesus' love.

When the love of Jesus came to you and you came to know Him, His spirit became real to you. When this happened you became very powerful, and because of this you can do anything and everything you could imagine. When I sit with this verse, you can imagine (the over-thinker that I am) my imagination goes wild. I take the things I desire of God: the dreams, the cool relationships, the jobs, the songs, the peace... the endless possibilities, and I ask Him for them. Then I read that He can do more than that. Beyond all the prayers and ideas and dreams. I read He can do more than that because of the power that He's placed in ME. It's ME. It's Jesus in ME. What a thought.

This world is awful and sometimes it's hard to keep believing. It's hard to dream because our minds and hearts get so clogged with the junk that bombards us via the news, the crisis, the terror, all the "entertainment," our families and our own issues. I know it gets tough to believe big. But please keep believing that God wants to use His sweet and powerful spirit within you, the same one that empowered Jesus to love and heal and liberate on earth, for big big big things. He wants to take all that you ask Him: the prayers you pray, the cries you cry, and all that you think: the thoughts and ideas that don't even make it into prayers sometimes but are just pondered in your heart. He takes it all and says, "cool, here's what you are asking me, and here's what you think could be great, and I'm going to take it higher and bigger and better and so much more beyond what you can even imagine." Find as many verses on the Holy Spirit, or even simpler, just read about Jesus- especially in the first four books of the New Testament, and get a taste of who He is and the incredible things He did for humanity. You can do that, and even more. Jesus says so.

Ask God to take all the things you've asked and all the thoughts you've thought, and make them bigger and abundantly higher than you could EVER imagine. Then the world will surely know that this Jesus you're all about is real and legit.

2 comments: