Monday, January 18, 2010

30

Galations 6:9

"And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. "

We can all read this and be relieved in some way or another because we're building toward something in life. Every human being in some way is working working working and building building building toward a dream or a goal or a vision that they, for days, or months or even years, have clutched onto with all their might, sometimes tired and ready to be done. This perfect and precious promise to stay in the game and to not get sick of it all, has inspired me when I have been on my knees telling God it's over. That's it, I'm completely worn out. It has reminded me that when you're a child of God, heirs with Jesus the King, it's all about timing. It hurts to hear, but it's true.

It's so simple, but as I sit here with this very short, to-the-point verse I think about the things I am trying to "do good" in. The spouse I am trying to become, the friend I am desperate to be, the art I am trying to create, the hard-to-love people I am trying to love and honor, the job in which I am trying to excel, the Bible Study I am trying to get people to come to, the kids I am trying to raise, the daughter I am trying to be...It gets tough because "good" and "longevity" is the exact opposite of this bad, mean and get-everything-straight-away world.

So keep doing what you believe is good and true, and what you believe is the meaning of your life here on earth. Don't get tired. Take heart. If you haven't seen the fullness of it, whatever 'it' is, it's just not time. But, our ever so perfect Bible, our Fathers' Word, says at the right time you will be rewarded for all that you have put in. Things will happen if you don't lose heart! Keep going. Keep going.

And if all the good things you're trying to do and be get too overwhelming and you're ready to throw in the towel and your body is about to break, then try this simple thing. Forget about it all. Every morning simply wake up, get on your knees if you want, and say, "Father, I love you more than anything. Help me to love you more today than I did yesterday, and whatever you tell me to do, I'll do it." Then get on with the day with your focus on Him. And everything else will come. Such beauty and rewards and blessing and peace you will reap. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment