Thursday, January 21, 2010

33

Zephaniah 3:17

“The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”


What a gem of a verse! This is one of the happiest, most hearty verses I have read. The fact that the Lord God (the Creator of the whole universe) is in my midst, is far out enough for me. Think about it: He is in the place where you are. Where you are is where He is. Our big and beautiful God is right beside you, near you, all around you, in your midst . . . And He is ready for action. Ready to pounce on any person, place or animal that dare tries to take down or hurt His kid (you and me).

The Mighty One: I like this name for Him. I picture my strong and powerful Dad, and I know He surely is mighty to save me, mighty to save you. He saved the whole of humanity from death and destruction and He comes to you, right up close and rescues you when you call His name. He adores every part of you, and will come to you. He will save you from the situation that is trying to attack you, or worse yet, take your life. He will rescue you from the emotional, mental or physical chains that are keeping you down, He will come to you and give you peace in your soul. He will save you when you call His sweet name. He is big and strong and powerful and there is nothing your God cannot do.

The Creator of the Universe sings over you. He looks at you, into your eyes, and with the pride and love of a new parent He sings songs for you, and amidst the chaos He lulls you to a peaceful quiet rest with His lovely loving voice…

And what blows me away the most? This big and beautiful God delights in you, in me. He looks at you, His heart swollen with pride and adoration. You make Him completely happy. The sight of you makes Him sing and dance. It’s too much for our little earthly heads to comprehend. It’s such a beautiful thing.

This is one of the yummiest verses I’ve come across. What a sweet and happy and powerful God we have to walk beside us and protect us as we live? He is too marvellous for words.

No comments:

Post a Comment