Wednesday, January 27, 2010

41

1 Corinthians 13:4 (The Message)

"Love does not envy..."

I'm not going to lie. Sometimes (more than sometimes) I look at other people around me (some close to me, some strangers) and what does or does not happen to them, or what they have or don't have, and I find myself wanting it. The bummer is, it mainly happens with people that I adore the most. The reason these precious ones affect me the most? They have the most access to my heart. The biggest tragedy is that these are the ones you want and need to love the most. These are the ones you really truly are the happiest for, and if it came down to it, deep down in your heart you want them to be the ones whose dreams come true.

The sad thing about envy is it gives the devil a little foot in the door of your mind and heart. No one is hurt or broken from the lust of envy, no one other than you. Envy takes your eyes off what you were perfectly created to do, and you lose sight of what your life is about. It breaks the strongest of friends, the closest of companions. And you end up not walking in love because of it. It messes you up inside, and puts a little wedge between you and Jesus because essentially envy says to Him, "you're not enough, all that you've done for me is lacking and you are making mistakes with my life." Envy is very sad.

Stop looking at other people's lives, comparing them to yours and wanting what they have. It will get you no where. Your life is not about what their life is about. You have something magnificent to do and be. Jesus has given you everything you need to live the life you need to live. You have things to do and be, so get on with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment