Friday, February 5, 2010

48

Psalm 84: 11

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. "


The Lord will shine on you like the big, beautiful and perfect sun. He will shine His glory on you like sunshine on your skin when you're cold and tired and need His warmth. He will give you the empowering grace and magnificent glory of the Lord in your daily lives which will enable you to walk in the passion and energy of the King of Kings, Jesus. Ask Him to show you His grace and glory like never before...

I don't know why after the glory appears and you are feeling so alive (you feel as though you could fly!), God doesn't seem to answer some people's prayers. I don't understand why some people pray for things that, if they were to happen, would be really good, but they don't happen. I don't know why dad's don't come home, mum's pass away from cancer, dog's die, good people don't get the job promotion they deserve, brilliantly talented people spend their whole lives trying to get noticed, and with all the food we waste every day, people are still hungry. I don't know. Life isn't fair. Maybe some things won't be resolved how we would like them to be here on earth. I have come to realize that I must, with everything in me, try to believe that no good thing will he keep away from me, as long as I am walking in a way that pleases His big sweet heart. And if it's not coming my way, then maybe it's not "good" for me at that time. And if for some reason I don't see what I believe would be best for me here on earth, I know it's waiting for me in ways I can't even imagine in my home in Heaven.
Take the things in your life you think would be a good thing for you to have. Ask Him for them, and in the same breath thank Him that "no good thing will He withhold from my life as I walk uprightly." Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment