Saturday, April 17, 2010

106

Psalm 130:5 (New King James Version)

"I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope."

Sometimes I think I'm a patient and laid back girl, but then I catch myself breaking down inside (and outside) because I feel like I'm running out of time. I'm scared of being mediocre, not being remembered for anything worth anything and deep down being unhappy with my life and work. Some of the things I thought I would have achieved by this point have not happened, and my heart and mind and everything in me feels small and I get a little bit panicky. Then I start to think that the dreams in my heart and what I can see for my life when I close my eyes won't happen, and I get confused in my head and feel blue and discouraged about it all.

But then I remember what Jesus Christ did for me. His life, death and life again made my life not mediocre. And I remember how I must simply wait for the promises He gave me. I must open my Bible, get on my knees and beg Him to help me be patient and to simply wait for what He promised me He would do. His Word says He does not lie. His Word says He will fulfill all my purpose and give me the desires of my heart. His sacred, precious Word says He knows me better than I know myself. Okay, I must wait, I can trust Him, and He is my hope always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment