Monday, May 3, 2010

117

Psalm 23: 4 (NKJV)

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me."

The shadow of death can feel just as real as death itself. But don't be fooled - death can not, and will not, have you. You have been purchased by Life with a capital L. The out of control life force (Jesus' love) that has you and your sweet broken heart, is the most beautiful glorious form of life there is, and there is nothing to fear. Selah.

Now for the comfort bit... When the chains of death itself - loneliness, grief, loss, doubt that God exists, feeling not good enough, not pretty enough, not perfect enough, not having enough money, feeling trapped and abused and misunderstood, feeling like nothing is going to change (to name a few daily-basis type demons we all face) - when this darkness grips your heart and mind around the neck and you can barely breath, do not fear. Do not fear. You are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone. Sometimes I must sit myself still and say those words over and over again. When I don't know which way is up, "I am not alone, thank you Jesus, you are with me..." Take comfort in the perfect and strong presence of the beautiful One who looks after you always. You are not alone, the shadow of death is merely a shadow.. it can't have you ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment