Saturday, May 8, 2010

122

Habukkuk 3:17-19

"Though the fig tree may not blossom, Nor fruit be on the vines; Though the labor of the olive may fail, And the fields yield no food; Though the flock may be cut off from the fold, And there be no herd in the stalls— Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The LORD God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer’s feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills."

This is one of those times in scripture when it all boils down to what is real and what is important in life: you and me praising and being happy in the Lord, no matter what hand life is dealing you right now. When you can look in the face of Jesus and realize that He is the most real and abundant it gets, you are a true worshipper and lover of Him.

You may be faced with a situation, like the prophet Habukkuk. A situation of bareness, desperation and hopelessness. Things are falling apart and the good life you have been promised by God's Word is not a reality, but rather, the opposite is happening. Your family is falling apart and is broken, your money is gone, you don't have people around you - you are lonely, your body is breaking down, you have lost your possessions and home to a natural disaster, or there may be nothing to show for the hard work you do every day, and people misunderstand you. When you are facing a whole lot of nothingness and loss, you look the devil in the smelly-ugly-evil-face and say "yet will I praise my Jesus!" You may be living in the best, most glorious and abundant times of your life right now. Even more so you must press harder. Look in the face of Jesus and say, "yet will I praise my Jesus!" Whatever life is handing you right here in this very day and moment and hour: "yet will I praise my Jesus." You will be running free all over the place.

Selah.
*
*
*
*
*
*

No comments:

Post a Comment