Monday, May 17, 2010

129

Psalm 27:9-10 (the message)

"You've always been right there for me; don't turn your back on me now. Don't throw me out, don't abandon me; you've always kept the door open. My father and mother walked out and left me, but God took me in."

Come to terms with the fact that God is the only only only one we can really rely on. It sounds too simplistic and perhaps redundant, but I have come to realize that as the earth spins faster everyday, and people come and leave, God really does take care of us. He stays with us when things get rough, and He never walks out on us. Think about that; all the people who have broken you in big or small breaks can never break you into too many pieces for God to put back together.

And sometimes it's the ones closest to us that break our hearts the most. And I'm not only talking about the ones who do actually walk out on you and leave you alone. I'm talking about the ones whom you adore (and adore you back) on a day to day basis. They can hurt you the most because they have the most access to your heart. There is nothing more unstable than when our families - the ones (blood and water) we love and live for - are falling apart. It's hard when you feel like you're holding things together, and you can't fix the ones you love. Worse than that, they can't be there for you the way you need them to be. So God is always right beside you. Tell Him your heartache, tell Him who has let you down, ask Him to always be there for you, and I promise He will.

No comments:

Post a Comment