Monday, June 7, 2010

141

Acts 20:22-24 (nkj)

"And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me. But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."

It puts a fresh perspective on life and stuff when I see how Paul viewed his time here on earth post meeting Jesus. He really just let go, didn't he? And you got to love it. He had let go of the ideas he had for his own life, and the things he'd grown up idealizing and thinking were important (as we all do). The only thing he held dear to his heart was the joy that came from telling the world about Jesus. He let the Holy Spirit lead him in the day to day, fully aware of the battles, disappointments, opposition and chains along the way. He took God seriously, but he didn't take His own life too seriously; Jesus, and telling people about Him was the dearest thing to his heart.

So let go of what you think your life should be about. Let go of needing to control everything, and ask the sweet Holy Spirit to take you where you need to go. You probably won't hear an audible voice, maybe just the still soft voice of your heart, and the Word itself, telling you where to go and what to do. Don't take you and your life so incredibly seriously. Look to Jesus everyday and ask that you would finish this life well... full of the joy and peace and happiness of Jesus and His undying grace over the world, your life and those around you.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Presh... I needed this today! Thank you for inspiring me each day with your anointed thoughts... Love you!

    ReplyDelete