Tuesday, November 2, 2010

199

Psalm 31:3 (New King James Version)

"For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me."

Most mornings we wake up, get dressed, plan the day, walk out the door, and go about our business. Sometimes the plans we had for the day unfold without a glitch, and other days the things we thought we would accomplish are no where in sight. And I think that's the beauty of walking with the Holy Spirit on day-to-day moment-by-moment basis: we have the privilege of walking with and listening to God speak to us throughout our day.

This morning I started my day praying that God would order my steps and give me "divine appointments" throughout my day. Honestly, when I prayed it, I was praying in regards to my job as my work depends a lot on meeting random people who get the vision of the organization I work with, and then decide they want to be a part of it. And my "divine appointment" came on a lunch break in a cafe (out of town), where I would bump into a good friend also out of town with work and have a conversation that was just what we both needed in this season of our families' lives. I walked away knowing that God really does order our steps and that it didn't come in regards to what I was expecting, but it certainly did come.

Let the Holy Spirit into the mundane-ness of the minutes and hours of your day, be on the look out for the people who need you, or those who you need - you never know where there is something divine and powerful hiding.
*
*
*
*
*

No comments:

Post a Comment