Sunday, December 27, 2009

eight

Matthew 11:28

"Come to Me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest...you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and My burden is light."

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the end of the year, a hectic Christmas time, a rough financial year for everyone, or the usual family dramas that everyone goes through; but I get a general sense that there are some tired humans walking the planet. I'm not just saying a lack of sleep tired. I feel like there are hearts and souls and minds exhausted and ready to fall over from the heaviness of waking up everyday and tackling life. I know in some areas of my own life I am so exhausted and worn out I want to cry. It may not be all you're thinking about, but there could be some very tired areas in your heart. Even just looking around at those I love I can see it's a tired world.

So when I hear what Jesus says about coming to Him and in return He will give me rest in my soul, I've got to say, it's a relief. I know I must daily walk up to Jesus in anyway I can, give Him my tired heaviness, and take all the rest and peace He has for my shoulders. Today, ask God to reveal the tiredness of your insides, take a simple scripture like "the joy of the Lord is my strength," get quiet with it, and ask Him to give you joy and rest.

Life is a beautiful, peaceful gift meant to be enjoyed. And there is no true peace like the rest and care that comes from the only One who can truly calm and quiet your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment