Saturday, December 26, 2009

seven

Esther 4:14

“Who knows if you’ve been brought into the Kingdom for such a time as this.”

Queen Esther was placed on the throne to save her people from a holocaust. The story goes that she went before her husband and King without being summoned and risked her life to save her people. She could have died doing what she did, but as we read the story of a young orphan girl named Esther we see the detailed mind and precise hand of a God with the big picture in mind.
I love God with all of my heart. I must say, though, I feel a little forgotten right now. My life has been somewhat halted and I don’t understand how it’s all working together for good.
Then I read the pages of Esther and remember the perfect mind and heart of my God. I realize that everything I have gone through has brought me to this place, however insignificant I feel right now. Esther’s God is my God and He has placed me here for this time. He will find me. I won’t get this time back and I must take it for all that it is. My God and I talk everyday and although I’m a little baffled at why He has seemingly forgotten about me, I know that He sits next to me as I talk to my co-worker about Jesus. I know He is pleased when I make someone who looks sad purchasing an expensive pair of jeans smile and feel worthwhile. “Who knows...?” Maybe I was born for this time in that person’s life? Maybe they need to meet someone who knows Jesus today.
Esther was an orphan. Both parents gone. What could be worse or who (in the world's eyes) could seem more insignificant than a little Jewish orphan girl hiding in a Persian empire? Yet God found her and she became the queen. God uses the girl to save an entire people.

If you feel insignificant for a time, if you feel you’re not fulfilling your purpose, if you feel you’re not accomplishing what you know you’re put on earth to do, it’s okay—God sees. He will find you. It’s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment