Saturday, December 26, 2009

six

Romans 8:28
“And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.”


We all come to places in our lives where we either believe this promise, or we don’t. Sometimes things happen and they just don’t make any sense. There are no answers and it’s just not fair. Maybe someone leaves us, or we lose a job, a loved one dies or maybe we pick up the phone one day to hear we simply aren’t wanted any more. Your heart is broken.
I guess I have to come to that place in myself and in my love for God, where I believe that whatever is going on in or around my life will be woven together for something good and beautiful. I have to believe this. I have to believe this or I have no hope on this messed up earth. I know that sometimes things seem hopeless and there is no rhyme or reason to what is going on in the details of our lives. Sometimes the details of everyday life are all too much to take in. The good news is He is interested in every detail of your life. All of it. He is watching it all. He is in love with you.

If you feel like you can muster up the faith for this, tell God that you trust Him to work it all together for good. He really will. If you let Him, He will take the pieces of your life and make it something magnificent. It may take days, months or even years to see it all worked out for good, but it will. We either believe the Bible or we don’t. The Message puts it beautifully: “That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.”

Even when you feel forgotten and alone, keep loving and trusting the detailed hand of a loving God who works all the details of your life together for something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment