Friday, January 1, 2010

13

Psalm 32:8
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with my eye."

What a perfect and beautiful promise. The confidence this brings me in such a vague and indecisive world is relieving to my very core. Here, I find such lovely imagery of someone, a child even, looking up to a person: looking into their eyes, the loving eyes of a true love, and finding the answers to life that the child, and by child I refer to the messed up indecisive girl who is me, needs. We are children of a beautiful and loving, all knowing God. Everyday we must look into the face of Him and find the direction, guidance, comfort and love that we need. He is the rock of stability we desire and need. He is always there watching us. Our end of the deal is to daily look into his big beautiful perfect eyes and when we do He promises to instruct, teach and guide us with His eyes.

Life is made up of a million decisions everyday. What we should wear, what we should eat, where we should live, who we should marry, what career path we should take... all these decisions, even the seemingly mundane are important in the journey of our lives. They slowly bring us to the places we come to: all the decisions you have made so far have brought you to this place. Some of them are super easy and need not much thought, but I know for myself some of them are so overwhelming, the thought of them, let alone actually making them make me feel a little sick in my stomach. But you don't need to be scared. Don't be afraid. He will show you what to do.

If you look into His eyes: read His Word, pray His Holy Spirit fills you and meets all your needs, you will find your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment