Saturday, March 27, 2010

91

Proverbs 4:23 (New International Version)

"Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."

Life starts with the heart. Your heart is your life.

I often catch myself saying that I need to be more "thick skinned." I am super sensitive. I over think every move. I second guess myself, even with my best friends. It's so silly. But the feelings are so real to me in the moment. I am always trying to be a little tougher on the outside of my heart. Life is hard and will harden and wear you out eventually, so it's just good sense...

The thing that I am coming to realize, though, is if I'm not careful, I could be praying a little bit of a dangerous prayer. I don't want the wall of my heart to be thick with walls from hurt, pain, resentment and unforgiveness. I want to feel things. And I want to be passionate. I want to be able to give myself fully to people whom I love, fully able to take the risk of being hurt and disappointed if that's what it takes to be a good lover of people and of Jesus.

Lots of souls are walking around with thick skinned hearts from hurt and pain. But you don't want walls around your heart, you just want it to be guarded with peace and protection with the stuff from Heaven. God gives you the strength to get through anything. It's His grace and strength that makes you brave all over. Your heart is always protected with Him, and because of Him, your heart and mind are able to stand under the pressure and stress of this broken world.

1 comment:

  1. I love this and just leave it to God to know what's the right wall for you.

    ReplyDelete