Wednesday, May 12, 2010

125

Psalm 16:5-6 (New King James Version)

"O LORD, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You maintain my lot. The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Yes, I have a good inheritance."



The writer of this psalm is grateful for how God has been there all along. The pieces of their life have purpose and reason because of God. God is the One who this writer has chosen, and the One who fills the gaps of the human heart and soul.

Looking back over the course of our lives (rain, hail and shine) we can see, even if we didn't know and love Jesus the whole time, that God has been faithful and He has held on to us even when we have let go of Him. I'm not saying that all the lines of our lives have always fallen perfectly and pleasantly into place for you or me in the day to day - things fall through, people lie, and sometimes we don't know if we made the best decision in some of the situations we've faced along the way. I'm not saying that it's been an easy ride the whole time for any of us. I'm saying that we have joy because God is our portion and He is the glue that holds the pieces of our lives together. He is what we need, He wisely and precisely draws the lines in our lives, and things have actually (even in the seasons when it's been hard to see Him working) fallen into place the way He wants. He sees things from the end, we see it from where we are standing in the moment.

If you stay close to Jesus, loving and listening to Him, you will look back and see how God has pulled (and sometimes shoved) piece by piece together to create one beautiful, pleasant life in you.


Selah
*
*
*
*
*
*

No comments:

Post a Comment