Tuesday, May 25, 2010

134

Deuteronomy 23:5 (New King James Version)

"Nevertheless the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you."

God is a good God. He is faithful and He loves you to bits and pieces. When I think about the goodness of God - how He looks after us in the day to day, and especially when I look back and see Him all over the days and months and years of my life so far, I am overwhelmed that He would want to be bothered with my little life at all. My heart is full when I think that he would be so specific, taking so much care with the pieces of my heart and life that need to be put together. One of the many things from this verse that takes my breath away is that He turns things around. He turns things around so that the things that were meant to harm and destroy me will now be for the exact opposite purpose: to make my life beautiful and full of purpose and destiny and fulfillment. The very things (curses) the enemy of your life wants to use to kill and destroy you, God turns around and uses to bless you and make your life beautiful and perfect and whole. You won't be able to escape the bad stuff in life, you can't avoid evil and pain and grief and the plans of the devil to make your life a living hell, but you can know that there is a MUCH more powerful God. A God who, because of love, over time and trust and waiting, is working to make your life the best blessing it can be.

And he turns your curses to blessings, he washes your sins away as if they never happened, he puts your broken pieces back together... and he does all these things because He loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment